Saturday, April 2, 2011

Setting Out



[This is day two, as I accompany Elizabeth Crawford,
of Soul's Music on our month-long journey of the soul,
using Deborah Koff-Chapin's Soul Cards.
Deborah's work can be seen at http://www.touchdrawing.com/]

Setting out,
all I need
is my kit bag
of memories,
and a high, ready heart
for the road ahead.

I've been traveling
for such a long time,
and yet
keep arriving
at the beginning.

I take my
walking stick,
for balance
and comfort,
and wide open eyes
for gazing at
the beauty
of this world.




8 comments:

  1. Oh, this is lovely, Sherry! Your ready heart and eyes wide open to beauty have been your lifelong companions...I have always treasured both things about you in our long friendship...:)

    We have each found wonderful ways to celebrate this month, haven't we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Profound and lovely!Getting old holds a treasure of memories

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful journey you have taken....I keep arriving at the beginning as well...a ready heart and open eyes with a walking stick is all one needs....this is a wonderful poem Sherry!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sherry, for being my companion on this journey. There are rewards for such choices.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it appears I am ready for Change, and for the journey. So many beginnings. Or maybe the same one, over and over. This time it will be a strategic one, that will bring me the changes I so badly need.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Sherry, change can do us good.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful poem, Sherry. I am accompanying you on a daily journey of poetry, though not using the cards. Each of us has her own path...one way or another we will end up where we belong.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to read and comment.
Thank you so much. I will be over to see you soon!