Saturday, March 19, 2011

While I Wasn't Looking



[image from change.org]

In the few hours
my tv was
turned off,
while I was
cleaning
my porch
and thinking
happily
about warm weather
porch-sitting,

[image found at youngcontrarian.tumblr.com]

the UN dropped
120 missiles
on Libya,
and
the whole world
changed.

[image from google - dw-world.de]

I can't keep up.

With so many
crises
going on at once,
so many people
suffering,
Mother Nature herself
in turmoil,
we are going
to wind up
with an
entire planet
suffering from
post traumatic stress.

4 comments:

  1. Sherry,
    I could not agree more with your words.
    Right now the television news channels are colliding into each other, with 'Breaking News'stories. Each story, sadly a human disaster.
    We must keep writing.
    Best wishes for Sunday,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is indeed hard to keep up. The middle east is bad enough, but the situation in Japan is just stunning. My heart breaks every time I see a picture of a Japanese victim's face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mother Nature is unexpected, her turmoil turns to a new beginning. Let's hope. Yours is a true written.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.