Friday, March 25, 2011

Pup's Urn


Here is my boy's urn. I am pleased with it, and was so happy to get him out of the horrible little cardboard box from the vet's. And his very favorite stuffed talking boar. He'd grab it and skulk furtively down the hall,  trying to get out the door with it before I caught him. I didn't want it to get waterlogged and ruined, outside in bad weather. He didn't appreciate the caution, he just wanted it with him. We were always tussling over it at the door.



Here is the urn in his special corner, in a small alcove in my purple bedroom, with all his favorite toys around him, his leash, his collar, candles, the special treats with which I encouraged him to do my bidding when he needed extra motivation, (which was all the time :))

The only thing wrong with dogs is  they don't live as long as we do, and usually leave before us.  But oh, what they bring to our lives while they are here. I loved my boy so much. Still do. Always will.

8 comments:

  1. Sherry,
    I'm pleased that you have shared these photographs which show where Pup now rests.
    This is the resting place for your special pal. I think Sherry, you will find more contentment, now that Pup has found his corner of peace, close to you and all that was his in life.
    Sending you all good wishes and thoughts,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The urn is beautiful, Sherry. I think you will forever be glad that you let yourself buy that.

    And the little alcove is simply the most beautiful tribute to a pet that I have ever seen. It really moves me to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the alcove, absolutely beautiful, Sherry. I think it is wonderful you bought the urn. Lovely.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you bring out the playful nature of the “boy” especially the lines “ He didn’t appreciate the caution, he just wanted it with him. We were always tussling over it at the door”.

    This poem reminds me of a friend’s dog that I loved. A German Shepherd we called ‘Sword’. When he did almost three months later, it was like my world was shattered. I can relate with the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not exactly a poem, but wait actually it is because it speaks to my heart, it gives me that "poetic feeling".

    ReplyDelete
  6. only pet lovers understand what it is to lose such a friend x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sherry,
    Thank you for sharing this with us. I am not a pet owner now, but I was previously. Our pets become a part of our family. They work their way into our hearts, when no one else can get through. Losing a pet is like losing a piece of yourself. At first, the pain is overwhelming, but in time, it will ease. You never forget and you have such wonderful memories to hold on to.

    Thank you for stopping by and for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How gorgeous the urn is with Pup's face etched into it, Sherry...definitely worth waiting for! It will be a joy to have it there in his special corner. Dogs do not get to stay with us long enough, it's true, but they pack more love into those years than most people fit into a lifetime. Pup will always be the boy of your heart...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.