Friday, December 10, 2010

Song of Hope

[Two poems from Jeff Siddhartha Crazy Horse Marr]

Today I sing the rainbow whispers
Up in the sky the tides are changing
We let go for something better
Leaving sadly to arrive with joy -
The path we love, yet fear to tread.
O Life!! Do not forsake me!!

Flowing springs surround me
I am at peace-
I am the sound you wanted to hear
Drawing you to me
By living for you
All through tranquil evenings.
*               *             *
Have you heard the music
Dancing in the clouds?
*               *              *
O Gods! I want the good things I see!
I'll do anything to get to where I want to Be!
Angels lift me-do not let me fall!
I'll give anything at all!
Sad hours through the decades pass like ghosts:
Pull me back friend and welcome me
To the house of hosts!!!
*               *              *
If you head east far enough
You'll arrive in the west
For though we're together
We're still a world apart.

THE FALLEN ANGEL

With a crown of darkness the Nameless One
Watches you through the windows of the night
What he commands like clockwork you obey
Touched by shadows you hide your heart away

Chorus:
The Fallen Angel says:
"There's no need to suffer!
See Me standing
Proudly in the flames?
Join Me. Join Me.
Dance with Me again!"

He made man a mockery of himself
The wolves in the basement are all set free
Souls are sold for riches rubies and gold
All are deceived but Michael and the saints

Chorus:
The Fallen Angel says:
"There's no need to suffer!
See Me standing
Proudly in the flames?
Join Me. Join Me.
Dance with Me again!"

3 comments:

  1. Now that is a name. I wonder if ts his given name or he choose it. I really like the first poem. There are some strong verses.

    The path we love, yet fear to tread.
    O Life!! Do not forsake me!!

    Of course I like this one :)

    Have you heard the music
    Dancing in the clouds?

    I do really like Song of Hope.

    The second one theres parts I like but overall it doesn't sit well with me.
    I will have to look him up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff is his given namne, and he chose the others on his journey of discovery:) It suits him TOTALLY. These are very old poems of his. He has written many more beautiful ones. I was going through some old papers and found these so posted them, but he said it was dark when he wrote it:) Thanks for your honest feedback:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great new look, Sherry!

    For some reason, I like the second poem much better, for it was definitely Siddhartha there!

    In due course, I hope the poet soul becomes the Buddha in repose

    Do post some of the Crazy Horse poems too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.