Saturday, December 4, 2010

My Beautiful Bird of Birds

Well, here is a treat. I was poking through my papers, looking for a particular piece of writing, when I came across this poem my son Jeff wrote a few years back. Thought I would post it for your enjoyment.

My Beautiful Bird of Birds
by Jeff Siddhartha Crazy-Horse Marr, who is much alone, but dearly loved.

My Beautiful Bird of Birds across the sky
In what distant arbor rests your golden wings?
In what far field rings your precious pipe-notes?
I think the wind touches coldly your black hair
And weary for pillow is your gentle head
But why do you tread alone through forest darks?
What is the sunset to you if all alone?
Do your eyes scan the far horizons in vain
For an echo to your solitary heart?
I too take my lonely footsteps in the world
In my home I burn my lantern in the night
Look out! I'm looking out for you. Come to me!
Are you not seeking most a warm homecoming?
Then find upon my breast a sanctuary.

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Sherry. I felt my mind expand as I read your son's words. Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely poem, Sherry. :-)

    Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.