Monday, December 20, 2010

From Siddhartha


My son Jeff has always been the sweetest-natured and gentlest of souls. He has written some incredible poetry, and composed some amazing music over the years. Here are two that I love, from Jeff Siddhartha Crazy Horse Marr.

Goodbye little child I know
Love claims me and I must go.
I'll find out where my flowers grow
and let the naked seasons flow
through me.

Goodbye lawless rolling stream
Seven tears mend
for gathering.
New eyes find the dawn and sing
And let the sacred
dream to dream
in me.

My heart calls and I depart.
Home,
home,
along a trail of innocence.


White Wings Are Another Word for Love

I'm the sweetest breath of life
I'm the white bird
the carriage of light
white wings of the world
enfold me as I fly
for the bounty
the bounty
of your beautiful eyes

I'm a dream of puffed clouds
over the sky
A marigold fragrance
song of the lyre

I'm the angel of loving
the tear of joy
the tear of pride
the sun in the sky
I laugh before wisdom
embrace without fear
and though far away
I will always be near

I'm the passion
grape of the vine
the radiant bliss
all innocence mine

I the wild wild land
where the deepening glows
of my spirit bestowed
gently sway in repose

I the sweet mist
on the river's bright clear
where the branches incline
I'm held ever dear

Soothe me sweet singers
bring soft tones around
Woo me so sweetly
with magical sound

Open your heart
as the bright treasure chest
that shines like a fire
fire out over the west

My song and my story
appear a bright jewel
Cast to your fountain
all those beautiful gems

Take it to your heart
where it blossoming may
awaken your heart
to its mythical day

4 comments:

  1. Jeff has a gift; I am so happy you shared this~! I love the flow and the imagery, his words, so beautiful! Love the ending!xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Beautiful poetry. There was one stanza in the first poem that blew me away.....oh....

    Goodbye lawless rolling stream
    Seven tears mend
    for gathering.
    New eyes find the dawn and sing
    And let the sacred
    dream to dream
    in me.
    You are an incredible mother, Sherry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE his work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeff's sweet soul shines through in every line, Sherry, particularly in the second poem. In that regard, he is very little changed from the boy I got to know years ago...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.