Saturday, December 11, 2010

New Look ~ still under construction

Ack! That was fraught with stress, fear and major queasies. Being totally non-tekky, I attempted to change and freshen the look of my site, but without being sure how to do it, I encountered a few peccadillos. Like everything on the page suddenly going to 200% in size, too big even for my old eyes. How to get it back? It took a while till I realized I had unwittingly clicked something on the tool bar. Whew. It is not to my satisfaction yet, but decided to leave it as is for now, rather than risk utter disaster!

I am still seeking a better background, but am rather stuck with the format of the page, given I dont have time to go back and edit changes in all previous pages were I to change the size of my main column. As usual, one gains wisdom only later in the process, just like life. Cant do a Do-Over too easily:)

I managed to hang my Christmas lights today. Each year it gets harder, as I get weaker and shakier. But they are up, and lovely, and are brightening the gray gloom out my window. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. It looks Nice; It does take time n' patience to play with new formats~

    Glad to hear you were able to get the Christmas decor up! Ours was delayed this year, trying to arrange the family schedule! Outside lights, not yet, due to the rain!

    It is lovely how much they brighten our spirit, too~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Changing something technical around is fraught with peril. i don't know when that happened. I used to think of myself as somewhat computer savvy. Now I too am computer-wary.

    You did well, though. Your site looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.