Saturday, August 7, 2010

STAR VOYAGER

[Shaman's Journey - from deviantart.com]
[This poem was given to me in a dream. I woke from sleep, seeing the Shaman's face right before my eyes, swiftly writing it down, as the dream and his face slipped away, faster than I could write. Posted for Poetry Jam: Visions]

Time traveling,
winging through the cosmos,
my body
its own spacecraft-
nothing between
my Self
and all the stars,
bathing in their friendly light,
riding the vortex,
upward hurled,
traveling through Forever,
awesome
Sky-world.
Cosmic beings,
giant creatures
green and blue,
beckon me
to join them,
this journey
all the proof
(I always knew)
that we are One,
speaking a language
of the heart
that needs no words,
sharing a universe
where we all belong,
making music
in which we are all notes
of the same song.
Then, as I waken,
eyes open
and for sure
no longer dreaming,
I see
a painted mask,
First Nations warrior,
his face alive,
suspended there
before me.
He looks at me,
behind his painted mask,
Medicine man,
intensely kind and wise,
and, strangely unafraid,
I do not hide
but hold his shaman's glance
beguiling,
as he looks deeply,
deep into my eyes,
and smiling.


[When this waking dream happened to me, I had just collapsed with chronic fatigue but did not yet know what was wrong with me. I found the shaman's face so kind and reassuring, like he was telling me I would be all right. And I was.]

17 comments:

  1. we are notes of the same song ... beautiful !

    ... it must have been an awesome dream !

    ReplyDelete
  2. "making music
    in which we are all notes
    of the same song."

    I am SO enjoying your writing, thank you for posting these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful dream...and a shared song that might one day change the whole world for the better.

    Love this vision...

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful vision esp us all singing the same song, each sharing our notes to make one joyful noise....wish we could....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful vision from your dream Sherry!! I love the images and the idea of all the Universe being one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dreams are the window to our mind.
    I love this..."language of the heart that needs no words"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dreams are the window to our mind.
    Love this..."a language of the heart that needs no words"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the flow and the way you make the dream come alive. It really is so vivid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Sherry... this is so prophetic. I especially like:

    sharing a universe
    where we all belong,
    making music
    in which we are all notes
    of the same song

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is wonderful and I am glad you are better now.

    ReplyDelete

  11. oneness is so beautifully expressed...

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautifully penned and what a vision..
    " always knew)
    that we are One,
    speaking a language
    of the heart
    that needs no words,
    sharing a universe
    where we all belong,
    making music" -- As they say, 'Music is the universal language of mankind " :) Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How wonderful to be given such a vision in a dream! Amazing actually. I am glad that you wrote the poem, Sherry, to remember the vision always!

    ReplyDelete
  14. 'speaking a language
    of the heart
    that needs no words,'
    I love these lines!
    This vision seems to have had a cathartic effect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I'm glad I came back to read this one. It's beautiful and it seems your vision was wonderful and healing. I've never dreamed a poem. It must be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing dream Sherry and beautifully written .

    ReplyDelete
  17. we are one...all connected...There are no words needed for all notes are the same song and all light is proof of this vision

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.