Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Night Sky

photo: maydenchronicles.com
As I stand looking up
at the night sky
curved ribs of light
arch above
enfolding me
like a tall umbrella
or the drooping branches
of a mimosa tree
hung with stars
instead of blossoms
just for me
What lies
in the spaces
between stars?
What dances
among the
interplanetary beams
of the northern lights -
light catchers
swirl
like ecstatic
Sufi dancers
across the sky
We watched them
together
at two a.m.
once
you and I
Celestial Beings
wave their
mile-long arms
tossing falling stars
from side to side
that glimmer
brilliantly
and then go out
leaving mystery
behind
that is
Forever
undefined

6 comments:

  1. Some nights, as I remember, the sky is exceptionally clear and the stars seem to have descended to a lower level, reaching out, as if, to this planet of ours, reaching out to the sorrowful and the forlorn, reaching out to the dreamers, reaching out to the incessant roar of the seas and have you not wondered about the invisible worlds out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a peaceful feeling to be outside looking at the night sky pondering all of the mysteries among the tossing falling stars......

    I always enjoy revisiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spend so much time looking up, and I always wonder........so much mystery, so much beauty, so much that is unknown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, look up and wonder. It is like trying to see the face of God...and every once in a while, we do catch a glimpse...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your writing.

    "swirl
    like ecstatic
    Sufi dancers
    across the sky"

    Wow!. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, kind readers.....your words make my day:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.