Tuesday, August 24, 2010

God's Paintbrush

The middle of the Rocky Mountains - Jon Merk photo


This could be a painting
by Cezanne:
the layers of light,
the colors of the sky,
clouds painted on the water
by a heavenly Artist's
hand;
Or a landscape by Monet,
images softening and blurring
in the corner of the eye:
a perfection of beauty
lighting up
the land.

The light is something
out of
Dali's dreams.
And if you rounded
the soft lines enough,
where the mountain's edge
is rough and clear,
it seems
Van Gogh himself
might even
feel welcome
here.

I am no artist
but when I view
the shape and color
of this
sky,
see the clouds
swimming in the lake,
the mountain
reaching high,
there is
so much beauty
ablaze that
even I
can surmise
what God
must have felt,
feel all
He must have
wished,
the day He
put down His
paintbrush,
after painting
this.

14 comments:

  1. This is breath taking; I have seen this type of sky! You painted it well~xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! b'ful picture. Your poem makes it all the more lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, kind readers. My son Jon took this photo:) Glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW!
    Who needs Monet when you have everyday scenes like that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt a great sense of peace descend over me as I read this piece, Sherry - the picture and words combine to produce an amazing work of art. I'm not connected to the Poets United site. I think you found me through Carrie. I shall have a look though. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this and how you saw each artist in the photo...miss the mountains and your post was a breath of fresh mountain air for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Sherry.
    I'm looking forward to taking an overseas visitor to the Rockies later this month, and am hoping for scenes such as this, painted by the hand of The Ultimate Master.
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  8. The photograph is indeed inspiring and you were inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the manner in which you brought together so many artists and their visions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful to read this poem again from a fresh perspective.. the beauty which inspires both painter and poet alike is evident here. You have written so lovingly of this beautiful sky.

    ReplyDelete
  11. And a beautiful canvas you have created...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.