Lightness of spirit comes with morning sun:
horses grazing new spring grass,
dogs lolling on the lawn.
Incense wafts magic and mystery through the room,
a wand to spirit me over the mountains,
away to the silver sea.
I stood on the shore, waves singing, skies a kaleidoscope of clouds, watching a dog, not my dog, frisking on the shore, remembering a big black wolf who lived for days like this.
I am forever tethered somewhere else,
and yet am always here.
Sunlight lends energy, welcome
after the endless winter grey.
I fold away depression with my winter sweaters,
bring out the lighter garments,
inner and outer, of spring.
Sitting on my porch swing, I rock backwards into yesterday.
Terry Tempest Williams says to focus on
"the beauty of what remains".
It has always been about the beauty.
That blue sky has kept me looking up,
feet marching forward, all my life.
Rocking and rocking, I travel back through all those tumbling years. Who knew how precious each moment was till it was gone?
Black wolves forever wander through my dreams.
I am always tramping a deserted, windy shore.
And forever I will, until I am no more.
for the prompt at isojournal for Day 19, which is included below. It looked daunting, if not impossible, at first, but then took me on a journey. Yay!
1. A feeling
2. Observe the scenery of your immediate surroundings
3. Personification of an inanimate object
4. Use a metaphor
5. Spend four lines recalling a prominent memory
6. Use symbolism in a statement
7. Associate some form of weather to the feeling in #1
8. Tell a lie, about anything
9. Make a reference to a holiday or season
10. State a fact about a favorite artist or poet
11. Compare yourself to a specific piece from the artist/poet you used in #10
12. Negate the lie you told in #8, or further support or restate it
13. Describe a daydream or parts of a dream you’ve had
14. For the last two lines, refer to a vacationing location