Sunday, April 24, 2016

Listening



I have come to understand
there is a grand design to life,
crossroads and turning points,
choices, for good or ill,
which teach us something
we needed to know, intersections
which gently lead us where we are meant to go.

Sometimes the universe speaks loud and clear
yet we dont heed the call,
turn aside, go down a detour that
brings us right back where we started.
Hopefully, this time, we will listen.

I look back at what looks so random
and see it was not random at all:
certain people came, as human angels,
to guide my way.
Certain dreams lodged in my heart,
inspiring  faith and a great leap
into the unknown
an odyssey that took   years to realize

The path is shorter now.
I am listening for that voice,
waiting for one last door to open,
one last dream still alive
to bring me safely home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.