Monday, August 1, 2016

My Dogs and Me

anastasiasgarden.com


Deep in the forest,
my house would be,
windows and doorway
carved in a tree,
with room for
my rescue dogs and me:
a fire, a teapot,
a cozy bed,
enough room for us
to lay our heads.

Plenty space for us all
if we curled up tight,
nose to tail
all through the night.
All day they would run 
through the forest trails,
barking and singing
their sheer delight.

At the end of the path,
we'd come to the sea,
every morning and night,
my dogs and me,
to watch the sun
go up and down.
We'd buy bones when we
went to Town.

When we were back home 
fed and warm,
heads tucked on paws,
and safe from harm,
rain patter on salal,
all wet and gleaming,
would send us off to sleep
and set us dreaming.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.