Friday, August 19, 2016

Blessings

I open my eyes to another day of living, (eyesight, life)
open the door of my little room (shelter, refuge, safety)
to the fresh morning, tinged with
hints of autumn. (new beginnings, sky, air, trees, weather)
Doves coo, horses whicker and
kick up their heels in the field,
fat dogs loll about on porches, happy, panting.
A mama deer and her baby nibble  grass
at the far side of the meadow. (Birds, animals, pets, wildlife)

All is peaceful.
All, all is peaceful.
I live in the deep silence of solitude. (A choice, the right one for me.)
I breathe in gratitude. (A nose.)
I breathe out thankfulness.
I wrap the morning around myself
like a cloak, (I love mornings.)
and count my blessings. (Peace, solitude, many things for which to be grateful)

for Sumana's prompt at Midweek Motif: Blessings, which we in this part of the world have many.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.