Friday, April 23, 2021

Ocean of Joy

 


My river journey
took me to the sea,
where I plunged into the Ocean of Joy.

More alive than I had ever been,
I gloried in old growth forests,
long sandy shores, waves
rolling in like row upon row
of white-maned horses,
sunrises and sunsets beautiful enough
to break your heart, (or lift it
higher than it had ever been.)

I was introduced to bioluminescence,
under a midnight moon: so magical
I can still see the waves,
the wake of the boat
outlined in radiance.

My inner wildness came out to play:
the waves blessed me; the dunes
dubbed me Wild Woman
of the Western Sea.

I was more joyous than
I ever knew I could be:
ten years of joy every morning;
ten years of gratitude at dusk.

That Ocean of Joy called to me
after I went away. It did not stop
calling until I came back to stay.

Day 23

My word from Elizabeth was Joy

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are again near your 'ocean of joy.' Enjoy all it has to offer you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! The dunes dubbed you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.