Monday, April 26, 2021

Energy, the Lack Of

 


Wild Woman isn't very wild
any more.
She has so little energy.
When she tries to watch a movie
in the afternoon,
she falls asleep, then
wakes up feeling
ripped off.

It's the burning question of the Aged:
Prone or Properly Propped Up?
Prettily Prepped or
Just Plain Pooped?
Problematically Pampered or
Perilously Placed?
Peacefully Placid or 
Prankishly Perpendicular?

The aging parental problem
poses a plethora of
plausible possibilities, and
I think Wild Woman
just ran out of P's.


This is what can happen on Day 26 of Poetry Month. The word Elizabeth gave me was Energy.


2 comments:

  1. You've been writing some good posts this month. I turn on the television and conk out. So I have gotten a bit careful what I tune into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever, Sherry!! You still have that wildness within@

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.