Friday, May 8, 2020

Sixteen Things About Me



I live in Tofino, on the West Coast of Vancouver Island. It is spectacularly beautiful.

I blockaded in 1993 to save the old growth forests here. They still need protecting.

Living here was my dream. When I got the chance to come here, it was the biggest trusting I ever had to do. Ask me how scared I was; I was a wreck. But I knew I couldn't live without a dream.

It repaid me with ten years of joy, and a big black wolf, who was the love of my life.

Illness forced me to leave; I was homesick for the next seventeen years.

Then the universe offered me - miraculously - a second chance to come back. There was only one possible answer. More joy.

I raised four kids as a single mom.

I always had to be strong, so I suffered losses without crying many tears.

When my wolf died, I started crying and now I cry over everything: him, movies, people being beautiful, music, and especially dog or wolf deaths.

I have chronic fatigue, no surprise. I worked hard this lifetime.

I have been a poet since I was fourteen.

I cackle.

I worry about Mother Earth; we humans are too slow to change our ways.

I try to believe in the transformation of consciousness, but see above.

I have read myself to sleep every night for 68 years.

I am 73 in the Year of Living Dangerously.

Day Fifteen of Wild Writing with Laurie Wagner.




4 comments:

  1. It is good to have dreams, basically they keep us going. But it is even better to act on them. I am glad you followed that one dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I would have had the courage to live my dream as you did. You deserve all the happiness that could possibly come your way. I wish that for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have given a good summation of your life here, Sherry!! I enjoyed reading all of these details, and I am glad that you ended up where you were meant to be!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.