Saturday, May 2, 2020

Bird



Mother Goddess breathed me into being.
"Go forth, Small Bird," she said,
"and sing your song wherever
it belongs. When no one
wants to hear, sing loud and strong.
You'll never get it wrong."

For years, I walked with wings
folded and fettered. Then came the time
when they rose and set me free.
I saw farther than I had ever
dared to see. When I returned
to earth, I knew,
the Seeing had forever
altered me.


Writing, along with Elizabeth Crawford at  Soul's Music, to the image by Deborah Koff-Chapin at https://touchdrawing.com/

2 comments:

  1. oh how I wish to be a bird in these times. but being confined within makes me appreciate the captivity of the little bird. You have set it free with your words <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true though dreamy and mystical. Seeing does change us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.