Monday, May 14, 2012

Gone to the Dogs


Jas was such a happy girl this weekend. Steph and Gord were here, with their three dogs added to our four and, instead of watching me, boringly comatose on the couch, she had all the dog activity to enjoy. Her face says "this is the way it should always be!" 


Feisty Ms Chloe kept Sanchez busy defending his toys.


She has non-stop puppy energy and would do bunny-runs around the yard, all the big dogs  lumbering  in pursuit. Indoors, she was rarely still, just so much to explore.


Jas registers her deep appreciation of the entertainment - I think she wants a 
puppy companion. Hmmmmm..........


Lisa and the grandkids stopped by and I had to get a shot of adorable Penny, who felt the safest place to be, in our herd of elephantine critters, was up high. Only later, did I realize I was so intent on taking photos of the "granddogs" that I neglected to take any of the grandchildren.
Good grief. That's typical.


Poor old Chase, now fourteen, is moving very slowly. Another very sad parting in the near future. Steph is watching him closely and will not let him suffer. This little man has been such a blessing in our lives.

Altogether, the weekend could not have been more wonderful. And yesterday, after such a long chilly spring, summer heat landed. Lori hung all the bamboo blinds and we are in the thick of the heat now. By five p.m. yesterday, Lori was already moaning, "toooooo hottttttttttttt!"

Life is very good.

15 comments:

  1. Looks like a doggone good time ;D
    Love all the photos! Next time you will combine the two...though I do think it is easier to capture furry kids than human ones! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. seven dogs? wowzers. as you might say :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a very happy mother's day indeed! I'm so pleased for you, for the joy you welcomed in and experienced.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Ella, sometimes the furry kids listen much better than the human ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good time was had by all. Lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. life is good... and between too cold and too hot is sometimes a fine line, especially this year so far, with the temps hiding way below the stated average, and then for a few days way above (not that I'm complaining, it's gorgeous, gorgeous... and lovely to see all your (and visiting) dogs - sounds like you had a good mom's day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful and fun weekend ~

    Welcome the heat...I love it ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post just makes me pure happy, Sherry!! I love your dog talk and I can so relate to the latter of the bunch, we have two that we also are keeping a close eye on. Nice to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How nice that Jas got to have a play date. And that you got to throw yourself down on the couch and enjoy the fun. Perfect Mother's Day activity if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful dog love and family. i be envious:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am absolutely jealous. At times I so wish that I was not urban. But country life does not suit the wonderful urban husband. I could so easily lay up with so many dogs and cats. These photos and this story is such a pleasure ... so real. Hey, I did my best with Word Press and stuck it out a good bit. I just deleted "Raven's Press ... without even saving or looking at it and re-opened my old Crow's Fete Blogger Blog (well I will as soon as I have revamped it). I am keeping Noh Where Haiku on WP. I really hated being sort of disconnected from everyone via blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had your hands full!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved seeing all the canine kids! Yup, I am sure Jas would LOVE a little puppy energy on a permanent basis!! Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. smiles...chuckling a bit on the taking pics of the grand dogs and not the grand kids...they are some cute pups though...smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  15. How could I have missed commenting on this? Oh, maybe I e-mailed you.
    Anyhoo, I've looked at the happy-dog pictures more than once and still laugh about no pictures of the grandkids. I took lots of scenery photos near my brother's house, but none of the children, so you're not the only one.
    K

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.