Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Day Graced by Doves



God sent me a morning
bathed in sunlight,
horse in the pasture,
wash on the line.

God sent me a morning
graced by doves,
with everything golden.
 I'll make it mine.

I'll wrap it around me
to keep me safe,
to comfort and hold
my inner waif.

I'll breathe it in,
till the day is done,
then God will send me
another one.

It is a most beautiful morning, syrupy sunlight, doves cooing, everything peaceful, and my sister is driving me to the Coast to see my doctor. Likely no time for a beach walk, but we will LOOK at some spectacular scenery, and that will reassure me that it is all still there, waiting for me.

9 comments:

  1. Hope all goes well at the doctors. Your morning sounds... divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherry!
    Thank you for coming by "Cracker Jack Poet"
    Isn't nature a wonderful muse? Love your poem.
    Keep enjoying the syrupy sunlight and hope that all is well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A short lovely poem with one of the loveliest titles I've seen in a long time ... wishing you wellness Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful, Sherry! You know how much I would like to see YOUR coast. Hope you enjoyed the day (and the doctor's visit went well).

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds heavenly to me~ So hope all is well at the Dr! Enjoy the day! I love your description...coo beautiful! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that all went well at the doctors. I have known all day that I wanted to use some of your work as "my" prompt for tomorrow's NaHaiWriMo haiku. We are to take the work of another that inspires us and extract from that work ... a haiku. I know that I should ask ... but I also know that you would say yes. ;) OK? (((hugs))) Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is delicate heartfelt praise of thanks to God. The joy you experienced is palpable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bravo!

    I'm here from Liz's blog ...

    Nice work and nice to "meet" you, Sherry.

    Jamie Dedes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.