Sunday, February 27, 2011

Finding Home

[image from stormgrounds.com]

Are you out
in the forest
searching
for a path,
looking
high and low
among
the trees ?
Are you frightened
by the wild wind
howling through
the branches,
and the low moan
it makes
just before
a tall pine
crashes to
the forest floor?

Are you wondering
if you'll
lose your way
when darkness
falls?

Come home.
Come home.
I'll leave
a lighted candle
in the window,
to guide your way.
Watch for
its glow
and, by its radiance,
make your
slow way
home,
home
to yourself,
once again.

5 comments:

  1. Well. It is totally dark but an occasional lighting. In the stormy Glares, how far, a distant candle helps? Can you bring the light to us and rescue ? - Thanking You with Best Wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish it were this simple... that one needed only a candle flame to guide one out of the raging storm... but almost always it is not. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we get an "AMEN?" There have been times I could have broadcast this from the rooftops. There have been times I could have heard this in my dreams. I know both sides.
    Perfect, Dear Sherry. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful imagery and so reassuring! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this just filled my heart, Sherry. I do love a storm, but the image of a loving heart offering refuge is better yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.