Tuesday, July 23, 2013

When Feeling Homeless, Read This Poem



google image


Fellow Traveler,
do you feel like you've been 
searching for home
for a lifetime?

Are you out there in the dark,
buffeted by winds,
storm-tossed and weary,
with still such a long way to go?

Come home.
I'll put a candle on the sill
to light your way. 
There's a fire in the hearth
and a soup-pot slow-simmering.
Comfort and kind words await.
You need only arrive.

Come home, weary traveler,
to the only home
there ever is ~
home to yourself
once again.

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful, I would love to come home. I need to work on obstacles, which are all about me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely poem, a delight to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. smiles...comforting indeed...being a prodigal myself...i appreciate the door always open...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I think we have to carry our home with us (like turtles do).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Home is within. Too often we think it's out there. Lovely poem Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am homeless, Sherry and not just literally so that little poem hits a spot

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so very comforting. So very comforting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.