Wednesday, April 17, 2019

In Prose



Clean white blank and empty page,
so many words to sift and gauge.
Let’s pluck some out; it’s all the rage.
A Story makes us each a sage.

A tale that needs a thousand words,
that has to be three hundred -
my mind goes blank; I rue the loss
of all the words I’ve plundered.

Oh Difficulty, woe on woe,
this story has no where to go.
And, Worse, my words still want to rhyme
because I do it all the time.

But this prompt has me in its throes.
I stretch my mind with all it knows.
It’s possible my story blows
in prose, in prose, in prose, in prose.


Some silliness for Susan's prompt at Midweek Motif: Writing Prose


13 comments:

  1. ha! luv the dilemma it gives me the giggles

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun view of a writer at work! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, you got my attention. I'm going to check out the prompt. And I enjoyed this piece Sherry and even joined in with the giggles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was trying to be funny. Glad it worked, lol. I really love writing prose, and the challenge for using fewer words is good practice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delight to read!And a Super-duper close!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Story telling has plenty of places to go. I even like my poems to go places too just wish I was younger so I could keep on writing! Write your thousand words then precis it but don't throw out the original, is my advice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were funny, but reminded me that sometimes a little rhyme gets stuck in my mind, as I go through the chores of the day. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this poem, Sherry, especially that ending!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bwahahaha! This is a hoot. The 3rd and 4th stanzas, in particular, had me roaring with cackles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL. I had fun writing it......glad you enjoyed it, especially, Magaly....

    ReplyDelete
  11. "But this prompt has me in its throes.
    I stretch my mind with all it knows.
    It’s possible my story blows
    in prose, in prose, in prose, in prose."
    Hahaha...Easy to understand the dilemma, Sherry. Fantastic..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a clever and wise poem I loved every word 😊

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just keep plundering words, and all will be well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.