Wednesday, April 10, 2019

A Big Glass Ball

Wild Woman has been being seduced

by a big glass ball.
Its call wended its way down First Street.
I could hear it in the hall,
calling seductively:
“Come……come and get me.
I have been waiting for you
for decades.”

It’s true. In 1989, on my List of Wishes,
was a glass ball. One morning the universe
delivered one to the foot of  my dunes,
after a storm.
Something urged me to go out and look,
but I was drinking my tea,
and waited.

Later, in the CoOp, my neighbour gloated,  
“I picked up a glass ball this morning,
right up against your dune.
It was a big one.”

So close. 

One more time I didn’t listen
to my inner Wild Woman.

Imagine me yesterday, when I saw
a big glass ball at the Tree House in town.
Usually they are hundreds of dollars
so I admired and walked away.
My monthly budget allows for
just the basics, more basic
as the month unfolds.
I don’t let myself be tempted
by unnecessary purchases,
however alluring.

But.
“It is $85, said Chris.
Wait! What?
I can realize a dream for $85?

I didn’t get it then. I had to Think.
It is GST month, so I have
my stipend for low income
existence in a high-income economy.
Did Wild Woman give in to desire?
To extravagance?
To one more small dream come true?

You betcha, baby.
Look!


I am insanely happy! LOL!



16 comments:

  1. I love the glass balls as well. Unfortunately, although I should be careful with my monthly stipend, I sometimes indulge and live on oatmeal the rest of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! Sometimes the temptation is so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful! It can be so satisfying to give in to such temptations at times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's worth it to give in to temptation sometimes! Love this, Sherry ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed be happy. Luv your poem of seduction and yield after all these years
    Thanks for dropping by my blog today

    Much⚘love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone needs a glass ball! I love this Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love! In your world dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, sometimes the temptation is just too great! I love that glass ball and it was meant just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Life is for living; clearly a glass ball wanted you too so you did the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear, oh dear. What a beauty Sherry! Your desires are as sweet and cute as you. How I love this poem!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a beautiful temptation to give into, Sherry. It's more like a dream come true than a temptation, really. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A glass ball...sounds a dreamy thingy! You know I've also overcome anxiety, debt, disappointments, and heartbreak, and you know what? I’m still here.Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wild Woman knows that some glass balls can't be ignored. Even if they bite hard on the budge. I mean, what is living if not a collection of dreams and gifts we give ourselves and others?

    I love the green ball.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am glad you decided to go for it, Sherry! We all need to splurge on ourselves sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.