Thursday, December 16, 2021

Dreamer

 


I walk into the forest.
A shaman walks out of a tree
and hands a walking stick to me.

I smile.
Take up the stick and hobble on.

My friend is a dreamer
and she dreams these dreams - 
in the first she saw me walking
on the beach with a black puppy.
She asked: "Does this mean
anything to you?"

Oh, yes. It did.

I told my grandsons about this,
and they smiled. My big, black Pup,
love of my life, grew up
alongside them, 
one of the boys.
He found her
to send messages
to me.

She dreamed me now,
years later,
 walking unsteadily
in the forest. And yes, my footsteps
are more wobbly this year.
She saw the shaman walk out of a tree;
I am delighted by that, will never
 look at a tree the same way again -
always watching for that smiling shaman,
holding out a walking stick,
for steadiness,
for Walking On.


for Truedessa, dreamer of dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.