Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Happiness



for the singing waves,
backing and forthing
on the shores of my heart,
I give thanks,
for the green wall of cedar
outside my open window,
and the blue sky, cloud-dotted, above,
for the small hummer at the feeder,
nibbling on my soul each time she drinks,
for contentment so blessed in old age,
I give thanks.

for the miracle of a dream
come true, not once, but twice,
for finding myself on the edge of the sea
once more, with the song of the waves
playing through me,
soul music,
and for the smiling villagers,
full of art and poetry,
for the loved dogs
laughing along the shore,
for sunlight on the green forever sea,
and for blooms opening
under the morning sun,
as my eyes open upon wonder,
morning after morning,
I give thanks,
I give thanks,
I give thanks.


for Susan's wonderful prompt at Midweek Motif: Happiness. The poem examples given were inspiring.  I have so many chest-expanding moments of happiness and gratitude, living in this beautiful place, where I belong. Do join us, in this feast of happiness!


18 comments:

  1. wonderful poem Sherry I can feel the emotion in this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!! It is your life and it is right to give thanks!!
    In each moment, there is so much to give thanks for. Love your words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give thanks, too. Your entire ouvre has changed from longing to gratitude--even though there are still things to long for and there was gratitude before. We all are so lucky that your soul music is at home and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is micro-nature. I’ll take it.
    Oh, it all adds up to this: get outside, regularly, and find some happy-making green or blue spaces wherever you live....The idea is to engage our senses /soul. Beautiful lines, Sherry! Wow....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Sherry. A poem full of gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how wonderful and hymn like - this is a true blessing and your authentic pleasure and gratitude shines in the words

    ReplyDelete
  7. D'oh! you got me. Straight into the heart. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You express your thoughts so beautifully, Sherry. A visit here is always uplifting. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. as my eyes open upon wonder,
    morning after morning,
    I give thanks,
    I give thanks,
    I give thanks.

    You've said it all Sherry. Not many express it that clearly!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sensible it is for us to look around and see how beautiful the world is for us. Sure there are niggles but normally they are short lived but the beauty remains. But your eyes can always see the beauty around you in natures wild places, can't they Sherry?

    ReplyDelete
  11. The little things that count for so much.. you're right ..we need to see them and be grateful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can feel your joy at realising your dream of living by the sea and I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gratitude sparkles from your poem.
    We thank the creator-
    Thank you for the world so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aah...I find Contentment in each line Sherry. There's no wealth that equals Contentment. You're the richest person making our lives rich too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. All the things that make me happy in one poem, Sherry, thank you! May I just add cats, please?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love this prompt and the poems so far! I bet a lot of them will be called "Happiness." Just the word makes me want it.

    I feel the same way about the bay, Sherry and my bike rides. Nature is my companion every day and is my main happiness. Keep enjoying what the planet gives us and let it heal our woes. Big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was here and I made a comment, and then it disappeared? Again, each one more beautiful than the last. You do very well in response to images!! Job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This poem made me so happy. What a beautiful life you have Sherry. I think I'm going to practise saying thanks hereon forth.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.