Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Road Map to Heaven


"My dad's dead,"
comes a little voice
from the back seat.

"I know.
We all miss Papa, don't we?"

"I don't miss him."

"You don't?"

"No, because I see him
in my dream.
There is a door,
and I go through,
because he wants me with him,
and I say to him,
'I love you, Papa,'
and then we're happy."

Silence and reflection,
while I remember:
"Unless ye become
as little children,
ye cannot enter
the kingdom of Heaven."

I had written something else for the Pantry at Poets United, which this week is honoring fathers. But last night this conversation happened, and I doubt there could be a sweeter expression of love for a father than this little guy's.


17 comments:

  1. amen. and smiles on him still seeing his dad...it does not surprise me...though for a second you caught me off guard in his response...made me smile...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Sherry. My Dad is gone, but I remember and love him still. I am grateful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, Sherry. The world through the eyes of a child is a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet dear ~ The beloved is always with us ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! Children know how to truly communicate with those who've walked before...

    ReplyDelete
  7. A child shall lead them! Beautifully innocent and comforting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He seems to have a window to a world most of us have closed. How beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The words of a child..amazing! He is adorable and I love his pirate hat and beautiful smile! Thank you for sharing Sherry-I wonder when I read these words how the spirits find a way to those who are open! Thank you for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely true!
    There wont be any sweeter expression of love than this!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very sweet Sherry. Children are no doubt capable of bringing forth the little valuable lessons embodied as divine

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful, Sherry! And so perfectly expressed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.