Thursday, August 8, 2019

Shine




When you shine,
you light up
the space around you
the way a sunflower,
turning its face to the sun,
makes us happy
as we pass by.

There are dark clouds.
There is turmoil.
There is pain enough
for three planets
on this beautiful
blue-green orb.

But your smile
and your good heart -
your hand reaching out 
to help spread kindness
all around -
makes a difference; it
brightens up your little corner
of the world.

If you shine,
everybody's going to shine.


for Marian's prompt at Real Toads: Queen Lizzo's song "If I'm shining everybody gonna shine."


11 comments:

  1. So sweet - like the little girl's face you posted on FB - assume that is your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My great-granddaughter, Margaret. She has the sweetest smile!

      Delete
  2. Superb Sherry. This is so full of good feels like a field of sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was born in Kansas ... Those folk have sunshine every day (we had sunflowers in Nebrasksa too as did South Dakota). I liked this, Sherry. Do you know the planted kind grow a couple of feet taller and have larger flowers?
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I used to have them in my garden back in the day. I want to find dwarf varieities for out on my deck next spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spread a little sparkle wherever you go! It’s amazing how a smile can lighten the mood and positivity absolutely shines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww. Yes, yes. I actually think I have this but lately it's been hard to access the shine. Thank you for this reminder! I love to take photos by the sunflower fields, haven't seen any this year but they'll be back. Around here they use sunflowers to rotate crops in the fields.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful reminder how a smile or a kindness can brighten someone's day, even our own. Really nice write!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shine, yes, thank you for reminding me. Smiles are contagious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful thing it is to shine, and grace the lives of others.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.