Sunday, September 23, 2018

That Greenly Land



I go into the woods of leafy green
to take some time away from daily care.
Such greenly grace as I have ever seen,
I find such peace and blessed solace there.

How many times I've walked here through the years,
each time renewed in spirit and in heart.
The green boughs bend. The tree sprites dry my tears;
tall spires against the sky my fondest art.

It's time once more to take that trodden path,
though frail and stumbling, unlike days of yore,
immerse myself in nature's leafy bath.
I still will find there what I found before.

I bless each bough within that greenly land,
where I find refuge, bliss and beauty grand.




for Kim's challenge at Real Toads: to write a sonnet based upon a colour. Mine, of course, was green.


11 comments:

  1. This made me smile:). Green is my favourite colour and it gives me so much peace too.
    Our choice of colour for the prompt is same!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so serene and incredibly awe-inspiring, Sherry!๐Ÿ’ž I love "The tree sprites dry my tears; tall spires against the sky my fondest art."๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the phrase 'greenly grace', Sherry. A beautiful way to describe Mother Nature, peace and solace! I also love to 'immerse myself in nature's leafy bath'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Green was my first choice, after a drought-stricken winter, i am actively looking out for signs of green springtime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This green sonnet creates such an environment of peace, as if something remembered from one's own experience. A lovely verse, Sherry!
    -HA

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this... the green is a blessing for the soul, may you find the path for many years still

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful Sonnet, Sherry. Following the rules it reads so very nicely. Just right pace for going through this green, pointing out all the highlights.
    Thank you.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Green is such a lovely color, glad we agree.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Most wonderful Sherry! All that rich, lush green. So many shades and hues. And this sonnet just comes across as a both song, and prayer. Absolutely delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lush green that will never disappoint. Lovely, Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love the woods. The trees speak and although I can't understand the language it brings peace to my spirit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.