Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Letter to the Farm



Dear Little Farm,
You were my mom's farm
where, for the last years of her life,
her dream came true,
the one she thought it was too late for,
then she found you
and you wrapped your 
big old haystack arms
around her.

Then you were my sister's,
where her dream of a horse 
in her backyard came true,
and she spent the years 
honoring our mom by loving you

Thanksgiving, Christmases have all been 
spent within your walls.
Kids, grandkids, great-grandson 
all came and gathered
you became the hub upon which 
our whole family traveled,
coming from far to have
those happy hours.

Then you were my home,
and I put down roots so deep
I thought I'd never leave you.
But life is change and, even before I go, 
I grieve you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.