Thursday, October 28, 2010

It's The Big Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!


This is my great-grandson, Damian, age four, sitting atop his big pumpkin! All excited about Hallowe'en.



"No-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o!!!!!! Don't do it!!"

Here he is when he was younger, adorably outfitted for his first Hallwe'en:

Way too cute!

And proudly atop Beau, when he lived out at the farm:



Why do babies grow so fast? Babyhood is my favorite stage! We need another baby in this family! (hint, hint!)

If you want to get in the Hallowe'en mood, click on the link below and take a peek at the most amazing carved pumpkins ever - they are works of art. The site is cool too - bats flying out of his header. (How does he DO that??? I want bats! Or, at least, birds.)

http://www.wix.com/tamzzzz/rays_pumpkins

Miss Jasmine has passed her first 24 hours after surgery. She is having a hard time hobbling, and managing the ramp out front is a difficulty. But one day at a time, we are moving through it, and it will get better. I made the vet laugh by telling her that dealing with it is better than thinking about it was, as is the case with life, in general. It is all in the Doing, kids!

Happy pumpkins to one and all!

8 comments:

  1. Sherry just love these photos!!
    Your great grand children are precious!! They carry on the wonderful sense of humor in your family! Hope Jasmine gets better soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that Jasmine has passed the 24-hour mark. I remember when my former dog had this surgery. I had to carry her up and down the stairs to the outside. She was only 15 pounds, however. Do you also have to carry Jasmine? I also had to put barriers up in front of any furniture she liked to climb on so she could not jump up and injure herself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, so cute, those boy pictures. Glad Miss J is doing ok; love what you say in the last paragraph, about dealing with being better than thinking about. So true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://thursdaypoetsrallypoetry.wordpress.com/2010/10/27/the-celebrate-poet-of-september-award-nomination-announcement/

    please vote for fellow posts,
    you are nominated, you win one vote, if you vote for other poets, you win another vote.

    upon join the voting, you win at least a runner up award .
    Thanks for the attention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for answering my question in my blog, Sherry. I continue to think of you and your sweet dog, and I visit your blog to see how he is doing and to read your work. (and not ever to do free adverts for any websites, as above nor do I put them on my site) I visit because I am authentically interested.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sherry,
    Your grandson is adorable; He looks like a charmer~! ;-D


    Happy to hear Jasmine is on the mend; She has a strong spirit and will get through~xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damian is SO SO SO adorable, getting a hug from him is one of the best things Ever!

    Am glad Jasmine and you are getting through this. Hope managling the ramp gets easier for her.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.