Thursday, October 17, 2024

The Magic Bag

Zoey

My sister's dog thinks my bag is magic.

Every time I visit, she knows 

there will be a toy inside for her.

She joyously sticks her snout right in,

grabs the toy and runs away. We say hello

a little later. She lurks around 

my bedroom door, gazing longingly at it. 

When I cross the room to go out,

she follows the bags (both of us, lol.)

At the hospital for tests,

I have a stuffed toy to give her

when I get home. With my crazy hair, 

and stuffed toy peeking out of my bag, 

I look like my care aid

should be accompanying me.

At home, all the local dogs know me.

I hear yips and barks from passing cars,

howls and commands under my window.

"Treats!" they plead, pulling their people

on leash, heels skidding, across my yard.

I'm such a dog magnet.

You'd better bury my bag with me,

so I can give treats to all the dogs in heaven.

Fill it up, so I don't run out.


2 comments:

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.