Tuesday, October 15, 2024

A Box of Blessings


 

I opened my box of blessings
and found a small bird, singing,
a sunflower reaching to the sky,
the kindness of a loved dog,
long remembered:
a daily invitation
to focus on the light
midst all the darkness.

In lucid dreaming,
I am always seeking
a safe place.

Each morning,
we begin anew.
We choose to hold fast to
goodness, and are restored.

Ring all the bells.
Signal we are ready
to turn towards joy and hope
and unity
once more.


for Shay's Word List. 

I hope our neighbour to the south makes the only possible choice in November. I have never been more worried about an election.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot imagine that we won't. If there are enough MAGAs to elect Trump, then we'll get the hell we deserve, but I am banking on Harris/Walz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have turned this into a box of light - both in title and in content. It is good to remember all the things that shine upon us in the darkness - Jae

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.