Friday, March 25, 2022

Harvesting Hope

 


I planted green bulbs
that turned purple,
magically,
week by week.
They taught me
we often find
much more
than we seek.

I planted children
who turned into wizards
and shapeshifters,
flying free.
They were changelings,
but who changed the most,
back then,
was me.

I planted my footsteps
on a path leading Away,
my heart on a quest
for the place that would
make me
stay.

I planted a broken heart
by the seaside,
in the dune's soft slope.
All my life,
I have planted sorrow
and harvested hope.

4 comments:

  1. How blessed you are to have harvested hope from your sorrow plantings Beautiful poem

    ReplyDelete
  2. How simply and gorgeously you plant that truth in your poem. Every sorrow deeply felt has its root and flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All my life,
    I have planted sorrow
    and harvested hope... gosh that touched me deeply.. thank you, Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I very much like the repetition and the ideas in your poem. There is so much wisdom and comfort in them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.