Friday, March 25, 2022

BLOG4PEACE UKRAINE


I need to find a new language
that does not include the words
war, chemical and biological weapons.
I need to un-hear the phrase:
nuclear war is a possibility.

We need to find a better, kinder way
to live together on this planet.
We know peace cannot be waged
by bombing towns and civilians
into oblivion.

I need a soft bandage for my heart,
which has already seen
too much suffering.

Spring is here.
New life is growing everywhere.
We fall in love with hope.
But the whole while,
we are grieving.


Joining Mimi Lenox's Blog4Peace Ukraine. Find the links to other poems and peace globes for peace there on March 26 and 27. You can find peace bloggers on facebook too. Look for Blog4Peace Ukraine.


7 comments:

  1. I need a soft bandage for my heart, too....
    stop stop stop this madness

    Thank you for your beautiful words, Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soft spoken yet powerful words, beautifully said ... thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so beautifully worded.... Thank you!
    #WeStandWithUkraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too fall in love with hope, yes, even though I am grieving. The heart needs a soft and flexible bandage to absorb all this sorrow and pain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love poem. I hope . . . I hope that we can be the humans we could be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous peace globe and stirring poem. Slava Ukraini! We stand with Ukraine! I am purring for peace.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.