Monday, February 17, 2020

Postcard from the Edge of Hope



I'm standing on the rim of the world,
at the far edge of far, 
next stop Japan.

I am thinking of you.

The news is bad.
It is very bad.

But the view is beautiful
from here.

I send you
a small postcard
of hope.

Believe in the essential goodness
of humankind.

Believe in Mother Earth
who, like us,
wants to live.

I stand on the edge
of the edge of the world.
I send you this
small postcard
of hope.

Hold it in your heart.




This little fellow likes to perch on the branches off my balcony. We have hummers all year round, as our winters are so mild. They are busy, hopeful little beings. They lift my heart.

For my prompt at Earthweal, where we are seeking hope wherever we can find it.



5 comments:

  1. I stand on the edge
    of the edge of the world

    I just love this line - it conjures up such wide connotations. It's a lovely poem, simple and deep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An outstanding lesson that trusting the difficult means being willing to welcome the world from whatever tiny porch we are afforded. Who knows what shores these little messages of hope will wash upon! - Brendan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry, we can all use your postcard of hope, right now. Some of us, more than others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs! From my edge to yours, we share the views.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful poem!
    I send, from a continent where many views are no longer beautiful, the words with which John Farnham closed our recent Fire Fight concert, a concert which revived hope for many of us (or at least defiance): 'We're not gonna sit in silence, we're not gonna live with fear'.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.