Tuesday, February 4, 2020

A Spring Haibun



On my small balcony, plant pots all in a row, green things are poking their heads up, having a look around. I put them out in the rain for a little drink, then pull them back under the overhang. Such anticipation of the blooms that will make me giddy all summer! The juncos are numerous, nipping at the seeds; sometimes they perch on the driftwood, under the overhang, out of the wind and rain. The jays are shrill, demanding more sunflower seeds, more bread, more of everything, please. My balcony replaces the large gardens of my life, now lovely memories. I watch the buds, the birds, the green cedar branches blowing in the wind. It is beautiful, and Enough. It fills my heart.

Spring rain pitter-pat
a westerly blowing through -
the trees are dancing

for Frank at dVerse: a Spring haibun

7 comments:

  1. Sounds so beautiful, I love your vivid description. There is something healing about green, and I'm thinking cedar has a lovely aroma to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely haiku at the end. The firmness in your line "and Enough" works well to keep the poem from drifting towards melancholy and helps form a lovely sense of peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you can see nature from your balcony. We have the piece of wood we call our garden, and the wildlife we see is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little balcony sounds glorious!
    I like all the sounds and motion--beautiful haiku!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wistful witness to a Spring awakening! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m impressed that you have green things growing already.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.