Sunday, January 5, 2020

Skybird's Song II

by Lauren Withrow


A wild haired Crone appeared to me
when I was very small.
"You are Sky Woman" she said
"Sky holds you in its thrall."

She said she'd send birds to guide me
when my path grew long,
Birds to sing me forward,
when all my hope was gone.

Birds to hop from branch to branch
throughout the forest deep.
Birds to lift my broken wings
and help me make that leap.

Birds to sing my tattered soul
a Skybird's song.
Birds sang their sweet songs to me
my whole life long.


inspired by the illustraion at the Sunday Muse.

5 comments:

  1. I have often had birds enter my life when most needed. The hawk, heron little blue jays and cardinals. So many feathered friends to help guide the way.

    I am glad you have birds to sing to your tattered soul. It soothes and heals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a very good response to the picture, Sherry. it would be great to have birds guide you, and sing to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your rhythm and rhyme. It reads like a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see this as a performance piece. The birds are my muses and pets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May you hear and see the birds for many years to come. May you feel yourself aloft with them and enjoy their song.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.