Monday, January 13, 2020

Blue-Sky Eyes



I looked at life
with blue-sky eyes
for most of my many years,
with hope and trust
and dreamy sighs,
watered well with tears.

But now my gaze
is singed with brown,
like the forests that I love.
Burning creatures, burning towns,
sky fiery red above.

Like kangaroo and koala,
I don't know which way to turn.
My heart can't take the pain
of watching
as the wild world burns.


for the Sunday Muse : I am heartened that people are heroically helping the animals, and dropping carrots and sweet potatoes down to them. I just don't know what to do with this much grief at what is happening, to the animals, the people, and the land.

11 comments:

  1. I can no longer read about the sad situation with the animals in Australia. It is just too painful to wrap my head around. So much pain!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that all that sadness will make some of us change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poem is a beautiful sharing of your heart and all the tragedy that so many are facing. It is heart wrenching indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I wish we didn't have to see the pain and the horrific turn of events that is eating away at our wild places.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don;t know, either. It is devastating. But yes, good for the heroes who are doing all they can to help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart feels the pain, so much loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So painful to watch. Bravo to those who are fighting this devastation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the caring that flows so well through this poem - such a huge loss which you portray with much tenderness

    ReplyDelete
  9. The heroic stories from Australia are mind boggling. So horrible, the fires. I heard some have even been started by people (I know how I would punish them...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pain is so unbearable but in the midst of all chaos true humane spirit is also coming out. 'Eyes' show two contrasting worlds indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly a travesty but the stories of people going out of their way to help and be useful gives one hope in humanity again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.