Tuesday, January 29, 2019

DUSK: A PANTOUM


Sunset at Radar Hill,
many years ago

When dusk slides into evensong and shadow,
and songbirds trill in flower-scented bower,
crickets sing sweet night-songs in the meadow,
peace and gratitude abide, this gentle hour.

When songbirds trill in flower-scented bower,
the skybirds find their nests. The stars wink on.
Peace and gratitude abide, this gentle hour,
the world adrift until the morrow's dawn.

The skybirds find their nests. The stars wink on.
The garden fills with fairy folk and firefly.
The world's adrift until the morrow's dawn.
We light candles to do our dreaming by.

The garden fills with fairy folk and firefly.
Crickets sing sweet night-songs in the meadow.
We light candles to do our dreaming by,
when dusk slides into evensong and shadow.


sharing this pantoum from 2018 with the Tuesday Platform at Real Toads. I'm away from home all week, kids, so will make the rounds as I am able.




14 comments:

  1. safe travels and be well -

    and what a most inspired, soft, lovely and magical poem!

    soothing and just filled with reverence and wonder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fairy folk and firefly...what a magical world you've set forth! I love the twilight, as I find myself in that zone so often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I claim the line. "The garden fills with fairy folk and firefly." I love the fairy gardens of the U.K. Especially the ones along the roads in Isle of Man. They even have parking places for folk to stop, park, and leave a note for the fairy(ies).
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your travels. Take pictures.
    Eat well. Sleep well. Wish I were there.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous Pantoum this is, Sherry!❤️ I love this especially; "We light candles to do our dreaming by, when dusk slides into evensong and shadow."❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. My grandma told me many tales of fairies when i was a child......i LOVE fairy gardens!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful "time," you write about! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This piece paints a series of watercolor images in my mind, and I just feel enfolded by the beauty here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whaat a beautiful pantoum. I do admire those who can create beauty from rhymes. Be safe! Take pics! njoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love this pantoum... the fireflies and faeries sounds like a perfect place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, what a peaceful sunset. May you have blessed travel and beautiful days of nature's gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the repetition, a pantoum I think? "We light candles to do our dreaming by", a strong line that holds up well to the repetition.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.