Thursday, July 13, 2017

Zoom Zoom

I feel an unearthly chill, wtf?
I crank one eyeball, checkin' it out, and
-Whoa!-
Someone put me in a flouncy DRESS
while i was out cold.
I wore my last dress in 1966.
It was a very bad year.
The music choice is gruesome.
They obviously didnt find
my list of requests,
which includes "Everything Reminds Me of My Dog".
Waste of time, playing hymns for me.

Words, words, words,
she was this, she was that.
Hey, i'm still here.
Interestingly, i can also swoop around the room,
peer over peoples' shoulders,
observe uncle pete the predator
leaning too close to this year's pre-pubescents.
Cool! I freaked him out,
blowing an icy breath
on his smarmy intentions.

This part is about Done,
and i see some interesting moving lights
up near the ceiling.
Let's check out the Great Beyond.
I'll let you know
what i find out.
Watch for weird coincidences,
cackles,
wolf howls at midnight,
and icy fingers on your extremities
at random moments.
That'll be me.


For Fireblossom Friday at Real Toads, where the prompt is to speak from a place of being dead.




17 comments:

  1. you know - after my mom's death in january i often wonder how much she still sees what we're doing down here - when she left god told me that he had prepared a place for her - and a friend of mine had a dream of her working in the garden - happy and smiling.. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Jane Siberry reference! I love that song, too. I love it when she sings the line "I read the paper, he reads the man" and somebody in the background laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whimsical but also rather more hopeful and upbeat than not--so very few see us as we really are, I mean, besides our dogs. Loved it, Sherry--and may you be spared the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the voice in this poem, Sherry, so YOU. I can imagine the horror to be found kitted out in a dress! You find the humour in the sombre occasion and why not at one's own funeral?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Sherry. I laughed out loud at uncle Pete getting spooked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so heartfelt Sherry! I can truly hear your voice in this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done moment (with a touch of humor). I compliment you on how the affair was painted. (would make a great video)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How we all must wish an exit like this for ourselves Sherry. Let's hope they don't dress me up in a suit as that is just not me as I rarely wear one ...except to funerals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You might have hit on it, Sherry. It would be a way I would like except for the predictor. My world has no place for them. Good ending thoughts, "wolf howls at midnight, and icy fingers on your extremities." I in this life howl at the moon, especially when it's full (in my dreams?).
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. You might have hit on it, Sherry. It would be a way I would like except for the predictor. My world has no place for them. Good ending thoughts, "wolf howls at midnight, and icy fingers on your extremities." I in this life howl at the moon, especially when it's full (in my dreams?).
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel an unearthly chill, wtf?
    I crank one eyeball, checkin' it out, and
    -Whoa!-
    Someone put me in a flouncy DRESS
    while i was out cold........This made me smile, Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. without the "wolf howl" it just wouldn't be the same

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you watch over that predator uncle... good work to creep him out... love the presence at the ceremony.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey...keep your icy fingers to yourself or I'll call the Hells Angels Brigade:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a treat! My chuckle for the day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.