Tuesday, July 4, 2017

The Wild Pacific Trail



Yesterday, my camera and I walked 
the Wild Pacific Trail,
near the Amphitrite Lighthouse in Ucluelet,
Tofino's sister village.


Right now these waters are a whale highway,
as the greys make their migration up the coast.






A lot of people clambered over the rocks,
finding a perch on which to sit and watch for the greys.



Those with hardy stomachs can hop boats of varying sizes in which to venture out to see the whales.
On the news last night, a man in a zodiac down-Island encountered a black BEAR swimming close by his boat. The bear was using his rear leg as a rudder!





I love it when the sea is so blue.




This is the Broken Group Islands,
a popular spot for wilderness campers 
and kayakers.

All in all,
another lovely day.


6 comments:

  1. Thank you, Sherry. Am on my way out to see the fireworks with my sister and her hubby. Taking my camera along in hopes, lol...

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooo love the blue, green & brown captured by you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to live in a paradise. Thanks for sharing the pictures. It makes me miss the ocean. How you have a million more days like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Thank you so much for remembering us and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely day for conservationists to while away among nature's blessings. The Bear may be a problem if they are not careful!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.