Friday, February 2, 2024

Earth Mother

 


I feel quiet settling into my bones
in the midst of this churning, agitated world.
Is this inner peace or exhaustion?

I can control nothing but my breath,
my preference to stay peaceful,
while riding my waves of grief 
for a world spinning off its axis
with suffering and injustice.

I retreat.
I turn inwards.
I mourn. I breathe:
breathe in all the turmoil,
breathe out such peacefulness
and good will as I can muster,

a prayer for an earth mother, ill
because we are so many
and our enlightened ones so few,

yet

a mother who still wakes radiantly
each new morning, showering
her gifts on those who are attuned to magic
and those who cannot see, alike,

a mother who knows she can give the gifts,
but not control how or if we receive them,
or whether we use them for good or ill,
a mother whose children have
taught her surrender well,
but still a mother who wants herself
and all of her
wide and wondering world
of beings
to live.


2 comments:

  1. I do think we need to find a way to. be quiet and and peaceful within us, accepting what we cannot change and hoping that those who DO have influence will make the right decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Accepting what we CAN change, and beginning with that.

    Nobody has a right to tell anyone else to stop driving, or drive only for certain purposes, or only a certain kind of car.

    Everybody has the right to start the fashion for walking everywhere, *unless we are too weak and sick and pitiful to walk*.

    Priscilla King

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.