Thursday, January 13, 2022

On Sorrows That are Not Obscure


My sorrows have never been obscure.
I always knew their name,
tucked them away in a pocket
for safekeeping, treated them gently,
let them be.

The poet said we are building
a version of the world
that we can live with.
I know I do.
I choose peace, over and over again,
because I like the feeling.

This morning, after days of rain,
there is blue sky and puffy clouds
out my window, and I am
heading to a wild trail 
along the ocean's edge.

Momento mori, he said, is our attempt
to capture the moments of our lives.

I pick up my camera.
I open the door,
press "Play",
jump into the moments
that will comprise my life
today.


Inspired by Morii, from the Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows by John Koenig.


1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of building a version of the world we can live with. Must do this sometime in order to keep sanity. So many moments captured with a camera....or with one's mind's eye sans camera. we make the best of each day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.