Saturday, October 16, 2021

Poems Hide

 


Poems hide
in the corners of clouds,
in the wisp of a dream,
under the bed in tubs
of old photographs.
Poems hide

in birdsong at daybreak,
in thick moss on old trees,
in a basket of fruit and the smile
of the one who receives it.
Poems hide

in laughing doggy eyes,
in a baby's smile,
in the stories of an old man
sitting on a bench,
as the world rushes by.
Poems hide

in the rush of a river in autumn,
in the red and orange leaves,
in the moment when the sky clears
after rain, and the world turns
green and blue again.

Poems hide.

Inspired by Wild Writing and the two words "Poems Hide". 

3 comments:

  1. I love this. Makes me realize there are poems everywhere. I just have to find them. They play hide and seek with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, Sherry. I think both of us have poems which are hiding within us. I really am glad you are writing, bringing to the surface thoughts which were hidden. Even if only for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.