Sunday, November 5, 2023

Now and Then

 



Then, when you and I and the world
were young, the music was everything.
There they are, so young and alive,
riding the wave of their music
into the future. There we were,
back when we still dreamed of love,
before it hurt so much we gave it instead
to small children and dogs.

There are the ones still here: aging, grizzled,
with wise eyes, and here we are, aging too,
our memories reaching back to golden years
when music was the backdrop of our lives,
and all our dreams were sailing ships,
luring us from shore.


5 comments:

  1. I love this song, and the video! The Anthology series came out when I was a teenager, so the Beatles were with my in my formative years, too. I hope you are well, Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thrilled to have this piece of music in my 80s!!! My 80s! Thank you Sherry for posting the music, your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the song! Music is healing Truedessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes! I remember those days when music was everything, and the music gave meaning to our lives. I think there are a lot of us who look back to those times - with nostalgia, for what once was and will never be again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sailed on your words and the song. I knew it was out but this is the first time hearing it. What a pleasure and how non-linear time seems, when shown in a bubble. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.