Thursday, April 14, 2022

Blossoms


Today I could do so many things:
wash the car, clean my rooms,
work on my memoir, wash the windows,
address an estrangement
I do not understand.

But Doing requires energy and, these days,
Being takes what little life force I have.
So instead I will sit in the sun, and rock.
I will commune with bees and hummingbirds,
breathe in the scent of cherry blossoms
and newly cut grass.
I will watch my small swiss chard
and kale plants turn their leaves up
to the warmth and straighten their small stems.

Today, it will be enough to be alive,
on a springtime morning,
on the edge of the sea,
watching the rest of the world
stroll by. 

Inspired by This Morning I Could Do a Thousand Things by Robert Hedin. This afternoon, while watching the news, and hearing more horrors, I look up to see two eagles, circling in the sky out my big window, and I feel blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, sometimes the best thing to do is just let the world go by. What you have to do will still wait for you. LOL. There is always tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.