Saturday, December 14, 2019

Thirteen Ways to Celebrate Kerry



1. I saw the name Skylover, and clicked.
("She loves the sky like I do.")

2. I saw: Followers: 4 and clicked again. Now 5.
Soon to be legion.
Soon to be Head Toad in the pond of exuberant ribbets.
We joined in happy song.

3. I grew in awe at your gift.
I still feel awe.
You risk. You aspire. You leap.
But oh, how high you fly on the trapeze. No nets

4. We admire the trajectory
of your flight
from our lily pads.

5. You have stretched our wings,
helped us to take a spin or two
around the pond.

6. You picked us up when we fell off
our lilypads.

7. You dried us off and told us
to try again.

8. I thank you for all you have given.

9. I celebrate you for all that you are.

10. Your vision for Toads was unique in the blogosphere
and has been utterly fulfilled.

11. Your many fans applaud you,
clap, clap, clap.

12. I will keep on reading your poems,
admiring your flight, remembering
our time together.

13. Because of you
We flew. We flew. We flew.


for Magaly's prompt at Real Toads:  celebrating Kerry's poems. What a glorious idea! The line in red is Kerry's - we were to choose a line and insert it, as is, in our poem.


14 comments:

  1. An awesome tribute to Kerry, your poem is so very creative ~~~ and well deserved! Kerry is indeed an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “You risk. You aspire. You leap.” So say we all!!!

    Sherry, this is so good. I can see a group of happy souls dancing to your wonderful words of celebration, leaping while we chant, laughing merrily while we clap.

    Thank you so much for sharing this tale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who says "13" in an unlucky number? Kerry makes it magical as do you! A wonderful tribute poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thirteen ways we flew with her, flung by her thirteen winds of welcome ... Really fine tip of the crown to a fellow queen of singing castles, Sherry. We flew, we flew, we flew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your celebration of Kerry, Sherry, the history of the Toads, and the expert way you blended her line into your own. I love the lines:
    ‘We admire the trajectory
    of your flight
    from our lily pads.’

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww.. Sherry, and friends, you are making me cry.
    I will never forget the day our paths crossed, Sherry, as if by fate, when I was publishing poems in an online wilderness. Your hand was the one the universe sent to guide me and without you, none of this would have come to pass. It was such a lesson to be to trust my intuition and put faith in the kindness of someone on the other side of the world.. you are so very dear to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lesson to me.. I couldn't see through my tears.
      :')

      Delete
    2. It was a fortuitous meeting, as I had only just discovered online and Poets United myself. Robb Lloyd's "why dont you try Poets United?" on Blogger forum started me on one of the best journeys of my life. We had no clue the venture we were embarking on. I will be forever grateful that we did.

      Delete
  7. All so true. I hope I can still fly after.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We flew and now each one is flying... a great tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just such a sweet and perfect tribute to Kerry. Yes, I definitely found my wings in the pond too. May we all continue to fly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very clever 13, Sherry. It worked out to be an excellent fit in a tribute to Kerry.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, yes...Sherry, you have give a voice to what I feel about our precious garden of toads. I am so blessed to have found a place there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a glorious, beautiful, joyous tribute! (Not to mention richly deserved by the subject thereof.) How seamlessly you blended Kerry's line into yours, and indeed took off from it into this particular soaring flight.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.