Sunday, December 8, 2019

meditation on blue



blue, the colour of hope:
blue skies, my whole life spent, head
tipped back, grinning at the sky.
blue velvet, the music of my youth,
soundtrack to all those broken dreams,
and my midnight blue velvet dress;
(wherever did I wear it?)
blue mood, eased by nature's beauty
and the love of a beautiful dog.
blue horizon, Tomorrow on the other side
Eternity in its scope.
blue, the colour of melancholy,
sadness for what is gone, and
gratitude for how much still remains.

I look at life with blue eyes,
a world of blue skies and sunny days.
Like the song, I walk on
the sunny side of the street,
a smile for all I meet.
I am in love with blue-green rivers
and the sea. Bluejays sing
my mornings in. In December,
I seek  blue shadows in the snow,
note dark winterblue in the sky,
colour in indigo  my memories of
all  I have let go.


for Rajani's Poetry Tuesday: Blue

9 comments:

  1. Blue jeans and a tee my favourite casuals
    Happy Sunday Sherry

    Much✏love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine too, Gillena. I have worn nothing but jeans and tshirts since 1972. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and hence your name Sherry Blue Sky as you see with blue eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this little poetic stroll passed all the blues-that-I-have-known. You struck a note with December's blue shadows. I hadn't (consciously) realized that I thought of December as 'blue' but I do … I really do. January, on the other hand, is white. Of that I have no doubt ~ smiles ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. blue is one of my favourite colours, and jeans and t-shirts are just about my uniform too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love dark winterblue. Blue can be so many things. My Christmas tree this year is decorated blue and I keep wanting to sing I'm dreaming of a blue Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many feelings about blue! I am glad you found some optimism in the color...though sometimes it is hard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love blue and your poem is bluetiful~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.