Sunday, March 16, 2014

THE RIVER WILD


I heard the river is high and wild at Stamp Falls, so this afternoon Jasmine and I pointed the car out that way. Jas takes after me - do everything the hard way. She doesnt look for a  stick, she picks up whatever log she can get her jowls around and struggles to carry it. Hmmm....sounds very familiar!


But! it feels so good when it stops!


Oh I have missed green, this long gray winter!



And here it is - Stamp Falls, where the river enters
 the Narrows,  
via the rocks the salmon leap up
every fall 
during the migration.


Pretty wild!



Even the water in The Narrows is wild this time of year.



and away it goes, down-river to eventually 
merge with the Somass.


Huff-puff. Struggling......


....and stopping.......


a couple of last peeks....


in both directions.....


admiring the greenery



then back up the trail and away......

12 comments:

  1. Very nice Sherry. I spent a lot of time walking rivers for DFO. I agree...Pretty....Wild. Beautiful...

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the very least, I was there with you in spirit, my friend. Fantastic photos and my very hungry eyes ate them up. Thanks,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha. what a fun trip..love being out in the wild...listening to the river run...the moss making art on the rocks....yeah...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a slice of heaven--maybe for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Jas looks like a happy girl! Great pics mom, it looks beautiful there today :)

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. even the photos are such a bliss..you are one lucky soul that you're in deep love with Nature..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Sherry, this is so beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what a glorious green place, Sherry! I cannot wait to be out hiking through the green again and hearing the waterfalls and smelling that clean, sharp air. I'm completely jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate it and will return your visit soon.